Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Porvenir

Hey Friends and Family!!!
How are you all doing? I really hope you're doing great. Wow. What a week we've had. So much has happened.
Well, for starters, I'm officially a resident of Honduras. I went on Tuesday to Migracion. That was interesting. I was getting interviews by this lady and she asked me my eye color and before I said anything, she said, "verde!" I just stared at her because no one has ever told me I had green eyes. I guess she thought I didn't understand because then she yelled, "Green!" I kind of laughed and just sai, "I think they're more blue." She looked again and said, "Oh, yes. it's because they change." So, that was a pretty funny experience. After that we got to go to Denny's! It was so nice to be able to eat a good ole American dish. 
So remember the Familia Tilguant? We found them a while ago and taught the parents and their three daughters? Anyway. We had talked to them 2 weeks ago and they told us they were just too busy to meet with us again. I was pretty bummed because the mom at first had recognized us as an answer to her prayers, but then sent us away. Anyway, on Saturday, my companion had a feeling that we should pass by their house, so we did. We just went in and chatted for a few minutes and invited them to church. They promised that they would get up and go! So the next day we were waiting at the church early and they showed up!!! Only the dad didn't make it. We showed them into the chapel and sat them up on the first row. Before they could sit down, the bishop got down from the stand and introduced himself to them, then called a couple members over to sit with them. After that, they were not alone for one second. I love this ward. After church, we talked to them and the 3 little girls told us that they had loved the classes and had made new friends. They also said that they were super excited to return next week!! We're going by their house tomorrow to talk to them about baptism and how they feel now that they've attended church.
Well, we have changes on Wednesday and they're sending me to the south. I am so excited. I've been wanting to go back to the south for a while. I'm going to Choluteca in the Zona Porvenir. My companion will be Elder Geronimo. The funny part though is that my companion, Elder Madero is staying here and Elder Marin will be his new companion. Does that name sound familiar? It should, because he was my trainer. I am really excited for Wednesday! I'll keep you guys updated with everything.
Love, Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment