Monday, February 22, 2016

Miracles

Holy wow. Much happened this week. I'll try my best to get it all in.

FIRST. We had a meeting in Tegus on Tuesday with President and the APs. That was great. They told us a little bit about how we should be teaching and also talked about a few new rules. It was all really small changes. President really stressed that we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and as that, we should look like it. He really just shaved all of us for not ironing every day and not shining our shoes. He especially made that out to us in the south. It's so dusty here, most of us don't even bother shining our shoes or really doing much for our appearance. 

After that, we stayed in Tegus for the night. We did divisions with the APs. I went with Elder Padilla and we worked in my first area. It was super cool to see a few members of my first ward and to actually be able to talk to them. haha I got to see my first ward mission leader who was super surprised to see how fat I've gotten and how well I speak. It was a great time working with Elder Padilla too. He's a super chill guy that really knows how to find people's problems in a loving way. We'll be going on divisions again with them sometime in March I think. 

On Thursday we had our District Meeting and Elder Geronimo, Forsyth, Rincon, Lozano, and I were able to teach little classes. They were about what president had told us in the meeting. I really think that we helped a lot. We talked a lot on how we can make the District Meeting more of a spiritual experience. I pretty much just gave my class on our purpose as missionaries and why we came out here in the first place. I honestly love teaching. It gets me pretty pumped to go out and work after. 

We also started divisions with Elder Lozano and Elder Salinas. That was super fun. I went out on Thursday with Elder Salinas. He's from Nicaragua and he's super super smart. He's a little too smart for these people. Well, he's a little too smart for me. Haha we were teaching and he used words that I didn't even hear in the capital. Elder Geronimo and I were trying to get him to understand that teaching should be really simple. He's struggling a little bit right now because not a lot of people understand what he's trying to say. But that's alright. When he gets called to the city, he is just going to echar fuego. On Friday I did divisions with Elder Lozano. This guy's just a riot. It was a lot of fun working with him. He really knows how to teach to understand the message. I love the way he teaches because he doesn't just teach the lesson in order. He helps them understand. Anyway, on Friday, Elder Lozano did the interviews of our two investigators and they passed. 

We had the baptisms set up for Saturday at 3. On Friday night we got Nathaly's mom's signature because she's only 15 and we were supposed to get Yoselin's, but her mom wasn't there. We made an appointment for 12 pm at Yoselin's house to get the signature...we show up and she wasn't there. She had just gone to the house of a member. So we ran to the member's house on the other side of the area. She wasn't there either!! Her job is selling clothes door to door, so the member told us that she had left ot go sell about 15 minutes before. We ran in the direction that she went but could not find her. We were looking and looking an nothing. By then, it was 2 pm and the baptism was in an hour. We had heard that the mom of Yoselin had given permission for her friend to sign the baptism record because the mom can't write, so we called president to ask him if that was fine and he told us straight up no. So, we were super bummed. Then, we received a call from president and all he said was "Pray for guidance Elders." and hung up. So we walked over to a corner and prayed. All of a sudden we felt the impression to walk to the other side of our area. As we were walking way out there, we found Yoselin eating at this small baleada stand. We asked her if her mom had a phone and she said yes. He called her mom, found out where she was, ran to go find her, and got the signature. An hour and a half later, Yoselin, Nathaly, Elder Geronimo and I were posing in white for a picture. I honestly consider this a miracle. I know that miracles happen today. I know that this is the true church, and I know that baptism is a commandment. I love this gospel so much.

I love you all for all the support you send my way. Thank you all.

Love, Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment