Friday, April 8, 2016

Conference was great!

Hey mom!! 
Wow. Conference was great wasn't it? What a week and it just keeps going. So at the beginning, on Tuesday I had to go take a new elder shopping for clothes and materials for his mission. That's why I took out that money. But don't worry, the mission is going to reembolsar me for that money. After I finished with him, I got him on a bus with his new companion and sent him on his way. I stayed with Elder Salinas and Elder Lozano. We waited for about an hour until the bus from Tegus came with my new companion Elder Rodgriguez. He's from Guatemala and he's a great missionary. We're going to have a great time this change. On Wednesday we had District Meeting and that was a great time as usual. We worked pretty hard after that until Saturday when conference came. That was amazing. Wow. I absolutely loved all the talks, but especially the talk by Elder Holland. That was a talk that I really needed. Because it's so true. There comes a time when we have to return to the world and hear all the bad things they say about us as members of the Church. That actually happened to us right after we left on Sunday. We were walking home just full of the spirit after listening to conference when this family started yelling at us from their porch. It started with the kids yelling "Quiere Cafe?!" and then the parents started yelling at us and telling us we were liars. It was pretty sad to see honestly. But that's how it is. I loved the talk by Elder Uchtdorf as well. haha the one from Priesthood session. That was kind of a punch to the face that I have to get married really quick after the mission. That's something that I haven't been exactly looking forward to. 
Anyway. This week has been great. I'm going to try my best to send pictures today. I actually have a ton to send. I really hope the internet here lets me. I love you so much mom!!
Love, Elder Carter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment