Monday, July 11, 2016

Back in the city!


So!! Sorry everyone for not writing for a while. So, things here in Tegus are going pretty good. It's nice and cool here. It only gets to about 90, so I'm a happy camper. I actually took my sueter out today!

My new companion is Elder Figeuroa. He's from Huehuetenango, Guatemala. I'll get a picture of us two next week. Well, I'm in a place called Buenos Aires. It's right below a huge statue of Christ called Cristo de Picacho. It's a really nice place actually. The ward is alright. It's a normal Tegus ward. We have an active Ward Mission Leader which is pretty cool. We've been able to work a lot with him. We're looking at getting a lot more investigators this next couple of weeks. My goal before I leave here is to have 3 baptisms that Elder Figueroa and his new companion ready. I really hope to be able to baptize before they ship me back home, but if not, I at least want to leave a great area for the next elder that comes in.

So it really has been hitting me that I'm going home soon. I don't think that it's affecting me too much. Everyone always stresses on "finishing strong" and that's easier than a lot of people make it out to be actually. There's not much difference between the 10th month and the last. It's all just a head game. As long as you're focused, it's all the same jazz.

I still love being on the mission. I was hoping to stay in the south more time. I've been in the city a lot of my mission, but hey, come what may and love it right? I love you all! Thanks for all the support and love.

Love, Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment